July 21, 2021: Wildfire Resources
There are currently 80 large wildfires in 13 states across the US, according to the National Interagency Fire Center (NIFC). Below are resources to assist you in locating and receiving aid if you and your family have been impacted.
Local American Red Cross Locator
Click here and enter your zip code to locate the nearest American Red Cross assistance site.
United States 2-1-1 Network – Get Connected. Get Help.
For essential community resources, dial 211 from a landline or 877-652-1148 from a mobile device. Information can also be accessed by texting your zip code to 898-211 from a mobile phone or tablet. The 211 center’s referral specialists can access databases of resources available from private and public health and human service agencies, match your needs to available resources, and link or refer you directly to an agency or organization that can help.
For state-based resources in Arizona, California, Oregon and Washington, click here.
- Alaska Disaster and Relief Emergency Assistance: https://www.hud.gov/states/alaska/library/disasterrelief
- Alaska Food Bank Locator: https://foodbankofalaska.org/help/
- Alaska Shelter and Housing Assistance: https://www.ahfc.us/newsroom/wildfire-resources
- Colorado Wildfire Resource Guide: https://neguse.house.gov/imo/media/doc/Neguse%202021%20Wildfire%20Resource%20Guide.pdf
- Colorado Food Bank Locator: https://www.foodpantries.org/st/colorado
- Colorado Shelters: https://www.shelterlist.com/state/colorado
- Idaho Wildfire Resources: https://www.idl.idaho.gov/fire-management/
- Idaho Food Bank Locator: https://idahofoodbank.org/locations/
- Idaho Disaster and Relief Emergency Assistance: https://www.hud.gov/states/idaho/library/disasterrelief
- Minnesota Disaster Services: https://centralusa.salvationarmy.org/usc/location-search?location=minnesota&mode=query_1&limit=20&cat=5
- Minnesota Food Bank Locator: https://www.foodpantries.org/st/minnesota
- Minnesota Shelters: https://www.shelterlist.com/state/minnesota
- Montana Wildfire Resources: https://mt.gov/fire.aspx
- Montana Food Bank Locator: https://mfbn.org/get-help/
- Montana Shelters: https://www.shelterlist.com/state/montana
- Nevada Wildfire Resources: https://dem.nv.gov/fire_information/
- Nevada Food Bank Locator: https://fbnn.org/gethelp/
- Nevada Shelters: https://www.homelessshelterdirectory.org/state/nevada
- New Mexico Wildfire Resources: https://nmfireinfo.com/information/after-a-wildfire/
- New Mexico Food Bank Locator: https://www.foodpantries.org/st/new_mexico
- New Mexico Shelters: https://www.shelterlist.com/state/new_mexico
- Utah Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance: https://www.hud.gov/states/utah/library/disasterrelief
- Utah Food Bank Locator: https://www.foodpantries.org/st/utah
- Utah Shelters: https://www.shelterlist.com/state/utah
- Wyoming Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance: https://www.hud.gov/states/wyoming/library/disasterrelief
- Wyoming Food Bank Locator: https://www.foodpantries.org/st/wyoming
- Wyoming Shelters: https://www.shelterlist.com/state/wyoming
The following sites also offer resources to assist you in recovering from a fire: